Business Process Analyst II - GISat The City of Fort Worth
Transportation Public Works
Pay Range: $68,792 - $89,429 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, March 2, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Business Process Analyst II – GIS position is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation & Public Works (TPW) GIS & Asset Management section. This position will provide support for the storm water team within the department. You will be part of a collaborative team working on the GIS and Asset Management Initiative within the Business Support Division. TPW currently has roughly 1 million assets mapped in GIS with more than 20 million data elements providing detailed information on the various assets. This data is used to make decisions, track work and communicate infrastructure needs with management.
A Business Process Analyst II – GIS job responsibilities include:
- Create and update GIS data for various storm water assets and data layers.
- Utilize SQL, Power BI or other database products to create queries and reports.
- Develops cartographic maps for various departmental and public meetings.
- Assist in developing data maintenance strategies.
- Consult with the IT department when necessary to request database changes.
- Develop detailed documentation and training to end-users on new or existing systems including GIS.
- Performs quality assurance and controls for GIS data integrity.
- Lead small GIS projects and provide support for large scale GIS projects.
- Ability to develop business processes independently using best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Four (4) years of business experience and business analysis experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in reading and reviewing plans.
- Public utility experience; such as storm water, electric, water or gas.
- Experience with GIS scripting, Arcade, tool design, ArcPro or utility network.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.