Hiring Range: $81,256.87 - $101,571.09 Annually
Full Salary Range: $81,256.87 - 121,885.31
This position is in the Information Technology Department with the Town of Prosper, Texas, and is under the general direction of the Director of I.T. The GIS and Data Manager is an innovative professional who possesses a holistic view of enterprise business systems in terms of operations reporting and extensibility, manages the spatial and business intelligence teams, and is responsible for the Town’s data strategy. This position will prioritize the integration of business systems with the overarching data architecture, manage the geographic information system deployment, and enhance the technological capabilities of business units throughout the Town.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
- Receives general direction from the Director of I.T.
- Supervises Data personnel including the Business Intelligence Analyst(s) and the GIS Analyst(s)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides leadership, expertise, and support for all services and users from hardware to software concerning information systems that may include geographic information system (GIS) software and extensions, asset management systems (AMS), permitting and land management systems, computer-aided dispatch (CAD), enterprise resource planning (ERP), business intelligence, data warehousing, content management, and workflow automation
- Oversees the end-to-end integration of software components to support the effective and efficient delivery of enterprise services across the Town
- Manages database infrastructure to enable reporting services and analytics utilizing enterprise systems
- For each business customer, develops technology strategies that align within the overall business strategy
- Effectively manages vendors for all support and troubleshooting efforts related to core enterprise applications
- Maintains familiarity with line-of-business software used and supported by the organization and provides integrations as needed
- Leads the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies with an emphasis on maintaining and ensuring operation continuity of Town’s enterprise systems
- Ensures the business units understand the technology solution, overall solution delivery, and compliance to governance processes, architecture standards, etc.
- Ensures that projects can deliver the benefits outlined in business cases and meets reasonable expectations
- Provides leadership in the technical assessment, selection, and implementation of new technologies for the Town
- Recommends changes to existing products or services to better aid the end user
- Designs, develops, maintains, supports, and administers Town-wide Enterprise GIS architecture as the subject matter expert on the
- Develops code and software methodologies to automate complex GIS procedures to increase efficiencies and the overall effectiveness of the GIS program
- Coordinates GIS and application development with Town departments, outside agencies, contracted service providers, and other entities
- Analyzes and coordinates GIS-centric activities, training, and professional development on all levels and across all departments in the Town
- Conducts needs assessments, reviews, and recommendations for purchase of GIS and GPS/GNSS software and equipment
- Maintains proficiency and expertise in the latest GIS industry developments
- Performs long range planning for GIS staying up to date with emerging technologies related to GIS, software development standards, basic security and infrastructure management
- Provides Emergency Operation Center (EOC) support in times of emergency or crisis
Supervisory and Administrative
- Assists the IT Director in operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation and planning projects
- Assists in the financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- Prepares written and oral reports on programs, analyses, and studies, as needed
- Maintains an awareness of current and proposed technology issues and concerns within the Town and the IT industry and recommends potential solutions to meet expectations and forecasted requirements Supervises, coaches and mentors staff under direct report
- Builds and maintains relationships throughout the enterprise to stay apprised of activities throughout the City
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Experience and Training Guidelines:
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ of progressive experience in a similar position dealing with GIS, enterprise systems, business intelligence, and/or data analytics
- Documented experience using enterprise business applications, ArcGIS products, SQL, Python, and Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preference given for degrees in GIS, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, STEM, or related fields
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
License or Certification:
- Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) Certification preferred
- Must possess a valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- Must pass a Texas motor vehicle report (MVR) check
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Development integration and administration techniques for the ArcGIS Ecosystem Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and Geodatabases
- Programming and query languages utilized for database integrations
- Analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products
- Business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development Design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products Version control and source code management using Git
- Agile management
- Communicate effectively to senior, managerial and technical levels and clearly present technical approaches related to resolving business issues with technology
- Effectively administer an enterprise GIS environment
- Integrate databases
- Manage multiple projects, assignments, and duties
- Utilize open-source technology when appropriate
- Assess staff skill levels and assign work appropriately; along with the ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- Must be able to walk, stand, stretch, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee must have ability to maintain concentration in the midst of interruptions and background noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not an employment agreement, contract agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.