Assists in maintaining the City’s GIS databases; compiles and analyzes geographic data; prepares various types of maps and/or graphics; provides GIS/CAD support to City departments and other customers; prepares web maps and web mapping applications; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties
· Participates in updating and maintaining the City’s geodatabase; enters new map data and coordinate information; edits and performs quality control of GIS data layers.
· Performs geographic research; gathers, analyzes, and integrates spatial data. Prepares maps and/or graphics required for reports, specification documents, presentations, public hearings, court cases and special projects.
· Prepares custom web maps and web mapping applications to meet the needs of specific city departments or users and for public consumption. Creates and maintains documentation for all web mapping applications for end users.
· Collects, stores, and retrieves legal descriptions, land records, easements, as-built drawings, and associated information. Participates in updating and maintaining the City’s As-Built Retrieval System; scans public and private infrastructure plans; assign new addresses to parcels of land as required.
· Assists City departments, consultants, and contractors in the interpretation of GIS data, aerial photographs, maps, and/or other types of public information. Provides GIS/CAD technical support to system users; trains employees and/or other customers in the use of GIS software, web mapping applications, hardware, and peripheral equipment.
· Troubleshoots and repairs office equipment including desktop computers, printers, scanners, plotters, and/or digital document systems. Utilizes Global Positioning System (GPS) units to gather geographic data; updates related data in the City’s geodatabase as required. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Associate’s Degree in Geography or related field, and two years GIS technical support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License. National Incident Management System (NIMS) Certification is required within one year of employment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Subject to sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.